The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any guys use more than on jerk cord set up in there spreads during the regular season? I'm thinking one will be fine for the early season, but thinking about maybe using two for the regular season. I'm assuming the more movement the better. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Oh....and here I thought you were asking if there was a rope of some type that was attached to my sisters husband.

Sorry.....but I'm sure you could see how that could be misunderstood.

SW

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Rig up your jerk cord to handle 3 decoys at one time if you wanna add more movement. Running more than one jerk cord can be a receipe for tangles in the predawn darkness.

·
Registered
43 Posts
rig em right makes a great jerk cord system, its simple even for the stupid in ya. all comes packaged tight, no mess ready done for ya. i have used them and had great sucess and better yet easy to use

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PASportsman said:
rig em right makes a great jerk cord system, its simple even for the stupid in ya. all comes packaged tight, no mess ready done for ya. i have used them and had great sucess and better yet easy to use
We have one of these now, I was just wondering if guys use more than one set up. Just wondering if two was really worth it. Someone said something about tangles, didn't even cross my mind, that wouldn't be fun.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I've used 2 at once, 1st one rigged to a deke on the end of the spread swimming in. The other on a feeder in the spread. Worked OK, the lines were on different ends of the blind so no tangles. I did alittle recon out at the lake the other day and saw someone had a supersoaker in the one blind wonder how that works.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Use one every time I duck hunt. Rig Em Right. It kills way more birds than I do.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dave F said:
So I'm assuming most people use one and that's enough.
Yes...if you want to vary....Switch between using 1 and 3 decoys on the same cord...You'll have enough to do between spotting birds, calling, pulling the cord, calling the shot steadying the dog, and shooting...Keep it simple...

Dave Z

·
Registered
43 Posts
its all depending on the situation. if you have a couple guys you can assign tasks to them then go for it. If you have a large spread and you want the entire spread to come alive then put one on each side of the blind on each side of the spread. if its just you out there, then stick with one jerk rig, you will have enough to do. i recommended the rig em right because it comes with a wind up tool and its own carry bag keeping tangles to a min.

·
Registered
43 Posts
your tangles come in the transportingand handling back and forth from home to truck to blind back to truck then home again. not as much of a problem out in the swamp. the more your blocks look alive and moving the better. if its windy enough you may just want nature to do the work for you and skip the jerk rig.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts