1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
You skin Griz pilgram

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Hawk is goin' for the Musselshell. Take me a weeks' ridin' and he'll be there in....[censored] he's there already !

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
eastcoasttraps said:
"You're the same dumb pilgrim who I've been hearing for twenty days, and smellin' for three!"
Love that movie!

·
Registered
74 Posts
"You've done well to keep so much hair when so many are after it."

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
eastcoasttraps said:
Found it today.. it is on the $5.00 rack..thought I would pass it on to you all.
I'll have to keep an eye out.... Thanks for the heads up.

"Can you skin griz? I can skin' em as fast as you can catch' em".

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000000">My favorite in the movie:
Hatchet Jack: I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerley, Hatchet Jack. </span>
</span>

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #330000">Here is another that I use even today!
Bear Claw Chris Lapp: I am Bear Claw Chris Lapp; bloodkin to the grizzer that bit Jim Britcher's butt (censored )! YOU are molesting my hunt! </span>
</span>

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
SpiritNugent said:
THE best movie ever

Much agreed.

I hear the big belt in the blue got beaver the size of bobcats. Never traped either sure would like to.

Told my pap & mam i was coming to the mountians to trap & be a mountian manthey acted like the was gut shot , they said son make your life here wear the peoples is. I said mother que the rocky mountians is the marow of the world, by god i was right.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Youve come far to keep so much hair when so many's after it i hope you a fair well.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
another goodun is "the mountain men" wit Charlton Heston...

Jeremiah Johnson is definitely one of the best flicks ever...i need to go pickup the dvd as we have it on vhs still...and out vhs player is likely down for the count lol...

"you make a fine target pilgrim!" i tell that to my buddy in rocklock season as im sitting camoed up and hidden and he pushes for me...he knows the area im in and walks around looking for me...funny to be in my shoes...thats when i get on the radio and tell him that line!

then when i kill a fox or yote i'll call him an askin him "can you skin griz" then he tells me "fast as you can find em!" and i tell him get the knife out coz im bringin him another

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
"winter stays looong this high up pilgrim"

A quote we use ALL the time when hunting in the snow at camp, or even when the cabin fever gets to us....

That movie sets the stage for anyone that knows life is better outside, I watched it as a kid and remember wanting to take one of my Dad's rabbits out of the freezer and go into the small woodlot behind our house and cook it over a fire one winter, never did though by the time the rabbit thawed i was off onto something else.....

$5 for it in the clearance bin :(, a movie that means so much to so many...for some reason why do i think that says alot about the people we are today? Let's hope alot of folks buy it and think about it a bit.

My littlest is 6 and impressionable as can be when it comes to movies...think it is time to get him that one as I only have a roguh VHS as well...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts