The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Eagles season is over and the owner is holding a press conference Tuesday at 2:30 PM.
Who do you think is going and who will he announce is staying?

I think he will fire Juan Castillo especially since Howard Mudd wants to return.
I think he will keep Andy but Howie Roseman will not have as much to do with player personnel.
I think they will say they are going to try and work with Jackson but will offer him a lot less then he thinks he is worth.
Asante Samuel will catch a lot of Laurie's anger, hopefully they will also dump Vince Young.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
He'll announce that they are going to trade Jackson's rights to move up in the draft in hopes of procuring and NFL quarterback.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I thought that they would keep Andy Reed, but since they are having a press conference, I'm not so sure. Why else would they announce that they are having a press conference after their last game of the season? If they do fire him, I bet he is out of a job less than 48 hours before another team snatches him up.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Anything can happen,look what Colts owner(Irsay) did,Fired Bill Polian vice chairman, and fired GM Chris Polian,coach Caldwell is still waiting his fate.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it’s mainly to dump Castillo so the EAGLES can go after Steve Spagnuolo now that the Rams cut him. He is excellent defensive coordinator material. There will be little if any interest in him as a head coach for a few years.
There are too many vacancies….or soon will be to get anybody of quality for head coach so at least for next season Andy is Lauries guy.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy is staying....heard it from his boss

·
Registered
40,088 Posts
Yep, he got a mulligan for this year but I think next year is his last trip around the dance floor as an Eagle head coach unless he wins the big one. I mean, how much longer can he hang on as head coach of this team without winning a super bowl?

·
Registered
773 Posts
dc 21 said:
Yep, he got a mulligan for this year but I think next year is his last trip around the dance floor as an Eagle head coach unless he wins the big one. I mean, how much longer can he hang on as head coach of this team without winning a super bowl?
X2

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm surprised he didn't say, "I have to do a better job of owning this football team."

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, jokingly he did.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
i gotta put my coach in a bigger position...i mean better position.
i gotta raise ticket prices so my coach can eat.....i mean so we can continue to compete.
no san diego ...you cant have him...they charge double seat and extra baggage for him and i cant afford that!

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lanchestercounty said:
i gotta put my coach in a bigger position...i mean better position.
i gotta raise ticket prices so my coach can eat.....i mean so we can continue to compete.
no san diego ...you cant have him...they charge double seat and extra baggage for him and i cant afford that!
spoken like a season ticket holder.

There is no doubt they will do better next season.
Since the coach didn't speak Monday or today I assume he will have a press conference tomorrow to address what the fate of Juan Castillo will be.
I still expect he will be demoted at best and they will bring in Steve Spagnuolo. To me this might be Andy Reid's mouth making the announcement but it will be Laurie's will and way.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Birch812 said:
hopefully they will also dump Vince Young.
Why would you want to dump Vince Young!?! After all he contributed this year!?! You know, like that really cool nickname he came up with for the team....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts