The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, last day, sat under cover in the rain from daybreak until it stopped around 1 pm. Nothing at all moved, but to be expected. 10 minuts after the rain ended, a LARGE antlered buck and Doe came screaming by me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? Hunted hard all year (for me) with nothing to show. Endured the endless morning downpour, only to have a large buck come steaming by me once the deluge of rain stops on the last day.
At that point, I was just resigned to the fact that I was cursed this year..... BUT, enjoyed the heck out of it all. Hey, being on the right side of the dirt, and able to do it is a plus, right ? Well, after MY mbuck rolled on by me at mach speed, I figured I'd move for the last 3 or so hours and hope some goofy chance would send one feeding in front of my .50 cal. VOILLA !!! 4:10 PM. An exceptionally large Doe, by herself, came feeding out of the brush right in frint of me. Well, the lock was tuned and the aim was on. Geez, what a year it was. Hope to do it agin next season.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Congrats on the doe. I didn't shoot anything at all this year but I still had some great times. Like you stated being on the right side of the dirt and just getting out to hunt at all is fantastic. Looking forward to next year and plan on filling out the vacation requests a little earlier this year.

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx fellas.

Now go get ready for the extended 2B hunt,I am.
Hey gob, you may need an update, unless you know something I don't. This year the extended antlerless hunting with a rifle in 2B was changed. It ONLY applies to the Allegheny portion of 2B, which is considered "Special Reg." and not allowed to use a rifle as you prolly know in Allegheny. You aren't the first to not know of the change. I spoke to 3 different guys that had 2B tags, and didn't know about the change.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Yes the late season with a centerfire and inline s/gun has been dropped in Wash.,Co.(thank goodness)but you still can hunt it with a f/lock only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts