The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, last day, sat under cover in the rain from daybreak until it stopped around 1 pm. Nothing at all moved, but to be expected. 10 minuts after the rain ended, a LARGE antlered buck and Doe came screaming by me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? Hunted hard all year (for me) with nothing to show. Endured the endless morning downpour, only to have a large buck come steaming by me once the deluge of rain stops on the last day.
At that point, I was just resigned to the fact that I was cursed this year..... BUT, enjoyed the heck out of it all. Hey, being on the right side of the dirt, and able to do it is a plus, right ? Well, after MY mbuck rolled on by me at mach speed, I figured I'd move for the last 3 or so hours and hope some goofy chance would send one feeding in front of my .50 cal. VOILLA !!! 4:10 PM. An exceptionally large Doe, by herself, came feeding out of the brush right in frint of me. Well, the lock was tuned and the aim was on. Geez, what a year it was. Hope to do it agin next season.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx fellas.

Now go get ready for the extended 2B hunt,I am.
Hey gob, you may need an update, unless you know something I don't. This year the extended antlerless hunting with a rifle in 2B was changed. It ONLY applies to the Allegheny portion of 2B, which is considered "Special Reg." and not allowed to use a rifle as you prolly know in Allegheny. You aren't the first to not know of the change. I spoke to 3 different guys that had 2B tags, and didn't know about the change.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Congrats! Nothing like a ninth inning kill!

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Yes the late season with a centerfire and inline s/gun has been dropped in Wash.,Co.(thank goodness)but you still can hunt it with a f/lock only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts