The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a new wrangler unlimited in 2012.She's now going through a midlife crisis and wanted me to lift it and put some decent rims and tires on it.I bought a rough country 2.5" lift that came in yesterday.She has some 17" rims picked out so now I have to buy her tires.About a month ago,I put new 265 series Wrangler all terrain TA's on it but I want to go a little bigger with the new rims.I just don't want to get carried away.I'm leaning towards 33's but not sure if that will be too much or be just right.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Usually the TJ and LJ wranglers need about 4" of suspension lift to fit the 33s. You might be able to get away with adding a 2-3" body lift and be able to fit them, but still run the risk of rubbing lock-to-lock.

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to go crazy.I just wanted it to look a little different than stock.I'm pretty sure 285's are actually 32" and they'd fit ok.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've run 33's on my Tj, with adding some washers to the steering stops to avoid rubbing at full lock.

Jk will clear 285 under normal driving (road).

Your post mirrors my situation nearly.
Wife now wants a lift on the jk...

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Just be careful of the rim offset. Improper offset will put them out to far, and could make smaller tires rub on turn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts