The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiw were these vehicles? The ones from the 80's? Don't know much about them. Also looking at jeep Cj7, any info on them?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Those wagoneers are tanks, what size motor? The V6 are strong runners the 360 V8 is ok. We had an 89 mopar made and the tranny was junk had it fixed 4 times before getting rid of it. Can't go wrong with the cj either same thing V6 great V8 ok, mine had the 304 V8 and it had just too much torque and would break the tires loose on any type of gravel and just sit and spin (even in 4wd). My dad had a cj5 w/ a buick v6 and never had a prob. with traction or power.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Got an 80s Wagoneer with quadratrac 4 wheel drive and a 360 V8 with a snowplow on the front..The only thing that slows it down is snow building up under it..It is a tank..It will plow snow uphill in a blizzard..manual transmission..

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
I owned a 1978 CJ7 and it was awesome. V8 3 speed. Eventually what takes these vehicles is the rust unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
burk313 said:
Got an 80s Wagoneer with quadratrac 4 wheel drive and a 360 V8 with a snowplow on the front..The only thing that slows it down is snow building up under it..It is a tank..It will plow snow uphill in a blizzard..manual transmission..
Had one of those myself without the plow and it was a tank!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts