The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on these. Looking at an 08 with a 4.7l v8 in it.

less than 80k for $14,500.

I will have the neon for my work beater but love the look of these things. color is Steel Blue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That’s a 6 year old car (pushing 7 in the car business when the ’15 models start to arrive later this summer) with no warranty and 80K. Personally, I wouldn’t go over 11K even if it was in good shape. Something to think about though…the Patriot looks allot like the Commander did. You can get one of those new for under 20K, Although, it won’t have the V-8.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at it for the 3rd row seating and v8.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I didn't have a Commander, but I had a Dakota with the 4.7L in it and really liked it. I put 70k on it with no problems. Pulled a Toyota Camry with it home from West Virginia and I was surprised at how well it did even through the hills.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had an 05 Grand Cherokee with a 4.7 motor in it and it ran great. Bought a 07 Ram 1500 regular cab and short bed with the 4.7 and it didn't run nearly as well because of the extra weight. I imagine the Commander will weigh about what the Ram did. Personally I didn't care for the Ram and traded it a few years later. 3rd row seating you have some other options out there. My buddy had a Commander with the 3.7 motor in it and he didn't get great gas mileage. Hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts