The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to drop the hammer and buy a gator. It seems out of all the manufactures JD gives you more for your $$.

Any gator owners here that can share some opinions on the machine?

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
Not a Gator owner here, but I have went on a few rides with Gators along with the group. Both of the ones I was around were the same model, but I can't recall the model # or name. They were 4x4 and I believe 700 engine.
They performed well on all the trails we did, had no trouble at all. Watched 1 play rather hard in a big water/mud hole, and did fine.
Neither owner had any complaints on the machines and had owned them over a year at the time.

When you look at all the UTV'S, the ones built for work, one's built for play, and one's built to do both such as some Gators, Can Am Commander, Rangers etc...etc.......the gators I was around seemed like a real nice machine to both work and play, but capable of more work than play as compared to some in that class.
I have a Commander, which I would call capable of work, but leaning more to the play side, which is what I wanted.

To summarize what little I know about the Gator, they seem like a real nice machine.
Enjoy your new ride !!

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
The Gators are 10 times better for work.The K,s ground clearance is non-existant.A pipeline Co.bought a fleet of K,s diesel,s fully loaded with cab,heat the whole 9 yards.They were dogs and couldn,t pull anyload up the rough terrain those guys encounter.Fully loaded their capacity was zero.They traded that whole fleet in with exactly equipped Gators and they say the Gators not only can transverse the roughest terrain they have to encounter,it does it with the bed fully loaded with gear.The K couldn,t do it empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts