The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look forward to hearing any stories ...I have no tags for my area,have a 2A tag that may give me reason to be in the woods.Have done that in the past.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I set up this evenin at the corner of my hayfield and woods besides a gully.A real good spot for an ambush.Well close to 5 O Clock I see a Deer coming thru the woods toward the hayfield besides the gully.I cock my hammer with my rifle restin on my knee and have my finger on the set trigger.I can see a rack but it looks like it ain,t gonna be legal.

He hops the fence and comes out to graze and it looks like a spike.

I am set up against a tree inside a brushy edge about 10 feet in from the hay field.

I keep the Rifle pointed in the direction he came figurin and hopin somethin else is gonna follow him out.Nothin ever did.

He was grazin within 30 feet from me for a good 15 minutes till he moved on.As much as I tried to make a 3rd point materialize on his noggin it would,t happen.

When he was super close I could see he had a fork on one side and a real small fork on the other side that probably wasn,t big enough to be considered points.

I,ll be back at it tomorrow.Hopefully get out at first light.Took some night time cold medicine before bed last night and it knocked me out to much for me to get out early this morning.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
well, I had a miss tonight, one of only 3 I can remember with a flintlock in 35+ years:surprise2:i just got in from following up and it appears to be a clean miss, high if I had to guess. about 70 yards in the hemlocks and it was pretty dark in there but my silver front sight showed up good. had a bit of a hang fire. I have shot a ton of deer with the .62 cal. guns and you can always hear them hit, but not tonight! maybe tomorrow night:smile2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts