The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live streaming video for today's voting meeting.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=643557&mode=2

Meeting starts at 8:30 AM.

They will vote on, talk about, amend,items on the agenda. While they took staff reports yesterday on wildlife management, today as the agenda items are being voted on, the BOC can ask questions about them from Bureau leadership.

The BOC members also often make statements of support or opposition to items or a direction / idea or proposal.

Agenda items:

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2927841#Post2927841

(Follow along)

The BOC can also propose other items and vote on them to be part of the next meeting. They can also direct staff to prepare or to investigate issues of interest to the BOC.

Summary press releases should be available by close of business today.

Meeting should last about 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Meeting is now streaming and in session.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long discussion on making 2C 4B 4D concurrent for deer

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Video is breaking up - not losing anything - but annoying. Yesterday it was smooth as silk.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Bluetick said:
Video is breaking up - not losing anything - but annoying. Yesterday it was smooth as silk.
glad I'm not alone, I thought it was an issue on my end.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well at least if we miss anything - we can re-watch the whole thing later.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very interesting discussion on the feral hog issue... before the link froze up.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WMU deer seasons split / concurrent didn't change (proposal)

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did the feral vote go - anyone???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounded like they were voting now but further studies or discussion would occur & a final vote would occur during an April meeting of the commissioners. The feed is much better now.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
it was altered, but it didn't sound like half. with all the cutting in/out I could have heard wrong, but it was no where near half from what I heard.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look for more details on the split of 2G. Not a 50/50 ting. Sounds like maybe a 30/70 split took place with 80% of 2G being state land, and the new 2H being more privately owned (pretty sure I heard them say that.)

There is always a press conference after the meeting so look for details on this soon.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here was my running commentary for the New Business and some of the other bigger items from the set agenda.

Posted them into the wrong forum and thread - so here they are consolidated.

A gain - there will be press releases and articles out on all of this.

WMU Realignment Report and recommendation

Proposing 2G and 3A split realignment.
Basically creating a new WMU. Takes into account the boundaries of 2G to preserve the turkey study.
They have a map- but not to clear on video - look for it to be made available.
3A boundary was not redrawn, but with local input decided to let alone.
Calling it 2H

Motion to accept passed.

Weaner - on setting minimum age for mentored youth hunting.
Made motion for min mentor youth age of 8 years old.
Ruling is this is regulatory. So a motion was made to place this motion on the April agenda.
Weaner - went on to say that he knows some organizations oppose the idea. If s, and if the public doesn't want it - so be it. This needs discussed
It appears most don't think the age needs restricted. But most are willing to have the discussion at this point. Most commissioners looking at the discussion as a positive thing.

Vote was 4 -4 motion to add to the April calendar fails.

Weaner - Micheaux (sp) SF turkey population.

Requesting in March working meeting staff report back to BOC on maybe doing DNA testing of the turkeys in this state forest.

Concerns of why this area is not having success with turkeys as other parts of the state do.

Place wildlife protection and DR Contrell in the loop to discuss implementation and enforcement of any urine ban into effect at next working group meeting.

Working Group meeting March 21st in State College - (open to public. Place and time to be announced.

Commissioner Hoover - Sec

Commissioner Putnam VP

Commissioner Schlemmer President

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The question was to give it the first vote or to table it for more consideration and interaction with those affected. The board appeared split on tabling it or going ahead and giving it a first vote to place it on the April agenda.

Then we lost video / live feed.

The approval process for most all items is a two vote process. It is proposed, discussed, amended if required, and then voted on. Then after roughly 90 days of public comment and further meeting testimony a second vote is taken to adopt or reject the item in question.

Just a FYI

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
archeryman32 said:
I was just told WMU 2G was split in half....any truth?
The new 2H WMU, will be from 872 in Coudersport to, 607, 155, 120, 555, 255 to I-80.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts