The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be out this evening overlooking a field in Lehigh County 5C. My problem now is that there's a work crew on the cell phone tower making all sorts of noise that I believe has the deer hanging back. They are replacing antennas on the tower that is on our rod and gun club land. Work has to get done and I can only hunt evenings because I am working from home.
All in all I have never before had the ability to hunt this many days in a season. Making lemonade from the lemon season.
I hope today is your day in the Penns woods!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got a late start (830), gave the climber a break and made an aggressive move with a ground blind. I have self imposed yardage restrictions with a flintlock due to confidence issues. Been hunting a climber, but keep seeing deer 40-50 yds out of range, in a brushy field edge with no trees. Hoping the blind doesn’t scare them senseless, I’m tucked in as best as I can be. Going to sit until at least 2. 🤞

·
Super Moderator
28,074 Posts
Got a late start (830), gave the climber a break and made an aggressive move with a ground blind. I have self imposed yardage restrictions with a flintlock due to confidence issues. Been hunting a climber, but keep seeing deer 40-50 yds out of range, in a brushy field edge with no trees. Hoping the blind doesn’t scare them senseless, I’m tucked in as best as I can be. Going to sit until at least 2. 🤞
I have one of those camp chair integrated blinds that is small and would probably work well in that situation.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sat til 330, never saw a deer today. Guess you’re gonna have those days, I’ll be back in the blind tomrw.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No shots today. Did drives til lunch and then a few of us sat in blinds this evening. I saw a small buck couldnt get a point count on it as it was out there a ways. Im wearing down badly!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sat until 530. 520 three does stepped out but light levels were too low to use the fixed sights.
No shot possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts