The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Jan 10

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  edg 
#1 ·
Went out for the first time today, well I waited for snow and the wind to die down and it was a nice day seen 17 doe and one nice 8 pt
Seen this one beded on a little bench so I decided to take the shot it was true to it's Mark in the neck she never got up

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Another cold one today. Deer definetly were moving early before light as I cut a multiple sets of tracks right of the bat. I caught up with 3 doe bedded in the hemlocks at 8:15. After getting acquainted with them I decided to hunt a steep mountainside with some big rocks in it. That mountain kicked my ***. I twisted my ankle real bad. I had to tuck my tail between my legs and hobble back home to start heat and ice so I can hunt hard the last 2 days. I haven't been on that mountainside yet this season but boy the deer are on it. As long as my ankle doesn't swell like a balloon I'll hobble my way back there tommorow. I'm starting to get that depressed feeling knowing that the season is about to come to a close. You guys that get that extra 2 weeks are lucky.

#8 ·
Ghh hope the ankle is fine so u can get after them. Guy I was starting to get depressed with the weather this year no snow just rain for the the late season and no ice to fish
Boy do I wish I still had a buck tag this morning he had no idea I was 30 yards above him

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.