The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read my story of “A Buck for Mom” you’ll remember I said I had been fooling around trying to kill a 7 point when I killed my buck the other day; well it didn’t take long for 9 year old Jamie Storm, granddaughter of my neighbor Jim Storm, to clean up my unfinished business!

This morning she was hunting with her dad Jimmy in a ground blind when not long after shooting light they had a hinky doe all around their stand. From below came a couple of bucks and Jimmy tried to call them in.

The 7 point came in but the other buck, a big 8, hung up and wouldn’t, so Jamie lined up her Barnett Jackal and let a Firebolt with Interlock fly from about 30 feet. The shot went true, hitting right behind the shoulder and the buck collapsed within sight.

This is Jamies second buck! Last year she killed a nice 3 point early in the season! Way to go girlfriend!

Jamie and her buck

Proud dad Jimmy and the mighty hunter Jamie

loridr

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats to the young lady

·
Super Moderator
24,060 Posts
Congrats Jamie

·
Registered
18,623 Posts
Awesome Jamie!! Great to see our youth and especially our young women in the outdoors. Great memories for sure. Thanks for sharing, loridr.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
COngrats Jamie!! I love seeing kids in the outdoors and especially girls, we need more of them to get involved!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts