The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few friends and I are likely heading to Altoona next week to check out the Jaffa Sports Show; specifically we want to check out the turkey calling contest since the ESOS was cancelled.

Has anyone been to this show? What can we expect? How is the competition for the calling contest? Is it a decent selection of vendors or all cheese and snake oil salesman?

It looks like almost 250 vendors and a few other seminars and other stuff... here's a link to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaffa-Sports-Show/109494152458534?sk=events&app_data

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Its a nice small show. I have not seen the contest but I heard they had good numbers for it. Lot of turkey call guys there. I will be there helping out the Tipton Creek Turkey Call guys.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tfabarcher35 said:
Lot of turkey call guys there.
Uh-oh.... sounds like I might need to bring a few more bucks than originally planned

Is anyone on here going to be participating in the calling contest?

·
Registered
308 Posts
The show has been going on for 30 plus years and I don't see it dropping out. The show people are great,with loading and unloading and they work to keep the vendors and attendees happy.

Big D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts