The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting my initial research on a custom flinter. I want a shorter .54 cal flintlock and think I want a Jaeger. Any ideas or names of builders is appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Dixie Gun Works offers a Pederosoli Jaeger rifle in .54 caliber. It has a 27+" barrel, and is on sale on line for $995. I think the catalog price is $1100.

·
Registered
461 Posts
you need to go to the Artisans Show in lewisburg, pa. Feb. 1&2 fridays hours 9-7 saturdays hours 9-4. last time i was there brad emig was there. plus you would be able to talk to a number of other gun builds. addmission is only 5 dollars

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys---------------

What is the quality of Pederosoli???

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Seven years ago, I built a .45 cal. Pedersoli kit sold by Dixie as their Cub Scout model, for my grandson's 12th birthday. It turned out to be a shooter. He outgrew it a couple of years ago, and now has a grownup, full-sized longrifle in .50 cal.

The lock on the Pedersoli kit was a step down from a Siler, but never gave any problems, and is still a sparker.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Pedersoli is an ok gun but they are not quite the quality of a custom build. Allen Martin builds a fine rifle just not sure if he builds a Jaeger.

·
Registered
185 Posts
http://knobmountainmuzzleloading.com/index.html

Knob Mountain has a English Rifle that takes the same barrel as a Jeager, 31" heavily swamped. He sells it as a component set but can also have it assembled for you. Rice Barrel, Chambers lock, your choice of wood. He will have a finished one on display at the Lewisburg Show in two weeks. Personally, I like it better than a German Jaeger for hunting.

Bill

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where exactly is this show in Lewisburg???

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The country cupboard,2nd right past scheetz off rt 15.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
The 18th Century Show is held at The Country Cupboard just north of Lewisburg. If you're traveling a long distance and need a place to stay the Best Western Country Cupboard Inn is located next door. This show was started a few years ago and it's a great way to cure cabin fever. You will find no junk at this show. It's quality all the way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This show has 2 rooms in the rear of the Counrty Cupboard Restaurant and 2 rooms in the basement of the hotel behind it. You have to walk across the parking lot to get to each. Make sure you get a hand stamp for re-entry.

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts