The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made my decision, going for caribou with Jack Hume Adventures this fall. Is anybody else going with them in 2010? It'd be dandy to find someone to split gas and montreal hotel with.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
hotel isn't included with the package? I cribou humted 4 times and the room was included in Montreal.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, from what I've seen anymore that's the exception and not the rule. With the dollar drop, seems everybody's cutting things to make their packages 'look' cheaper.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
They should be throwing it in to make the package more attractive. These outfitters need to take a hit just like we are.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a buddy that went with him 2 or 3 yrs. ago. He had a good time and killed 2 animals. He also said that it wasn't as easy as they make it sound though....I guess he didn't see very many animals. Alot of those outfitters make it sound like there are thousands but in all reality very few hunters get lucky enough to witness the migration.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Can you still book for 2010? Usually Caribou hunts are booked at least a year and a half in advance.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moosemike said:
Can you still book for 2010? Usually Caribou hunts are booked at least a year and a half in advance.
Still a couple spots left in 2010 (I think only one left in my week, sept 3-9); will probably be booked solid by the harrisburg show. Economy's down, and the canadian dollar is up. Lot more expensive than it used to be, and fewer people looking to hunt right now.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
inbred said:
moosemike said:
Still a couple spots left in 2010 (I think only one left in my week, sept 3-9); will probably be booked solid by the harrisburg show. Economy's down, and the canadian dollar is up. Lot more expensive than it used to be, and fewer people looking to hunt right now.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just saw this. Berks I've talked to you on bowsite; I'm the one going up the week before you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts