The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked him up a few weeks ago. With the hustle and bustle of the returning woodcock, the end of the kids' B-Ball season (which I coach) and the beginning of kid's softball (which after a "Hey, I heard you coach..." phone call, the kind you wince as you know what's coming, I'm also now coaching), and another's soccer season you'll have to excuse the cell phone only photos. Pup's never really do anything profound anyway, beyond their cute everyday antics. His daily routine has been eat, sleep, socialize and explore. Things worked out just right for him the other day which found me down into the back corner of the basement next to the fishing rods, I knew I had a box of grouse wings handy on the way back through the storm doors and he was outback burning the last few minutes of his time on the chain gang with his older associates showing him how to handle himself. Now, he's the only one of my current four that has seen a wing and string. It was his first and last time, just to see what he looks like and will hopefully remain. You'll see what I mean...

The maiden voyage home.

In eight inches of cold stuff, that greeted him over the next few days.

Looking pretty good.

Ah, yes.

Good luck to all those that have a pup pick coming up this spring.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
He looks great and having a pup in the spring is something that I rarely go without.

I am overloaded this spring with five of them. Only two will be staying past the end of the year, but it is still fun to watch them grow and develop.

Good luck and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Great looking pup! Whats the breeding?

Pointer said:
I am overloaded this spring with five of them. Only two will be staying past the end of the year, but it is still fun to watch them grow and develop.
Me too, I have 10!!! I just need to figure what pups I like the most to keep! My wife wants to keep all of them but thats not happening!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thwho said:
Great looking pup! Whats the breeding?

Pointer said:
Me too, I have 10!!! I just need to figure what pups I like the most to keep! My wife wants to keep all of them but thats not happening!!
[/quote]

He's out of G. Stoker's Elektra by Impact Player "Joe" (Cover Dog Setters). Basically the heftiest dose of Ghost Train blood I could find available. (Pennstar, Wire, Body Guard, Whoopi, Ghost Train Delight, Grindstone, Topseed, Barburner, Rock Hard, etc)

Joe's bottom is Magic Mist Bandit so there is some Long Gone and Grouse Ridge in there, being some of their better dogs IMO.

I've sent a few guys to Lloyd's post on his site about your litter as I think they'll make for some happy guys.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Cute Pup, mine should welp in the next day or so and I cant wait to get her. Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
LS,
Beautiful pup, have fun training.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nice looking pup. I am looking for another springer pup this spring too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts