The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks guys...we are really excited and cant wait!!! buckshot your right about PSU and the work on the campus that's always going on there! the way the union hall works it might be tuff for me to get out there because I would be a traveler(out of town guy) and all of their local men would have to have a shot at the jobs first but that sure isn't gonna stop me from getting on their book 2 and trying! im working in my home local now in Harrisburg and hoping for a good one run! if not there is other work around but you have to be willing to travel and find it. wife and I have already discussed all this and we are prepared for that type of situation.

we are really lucky in that the people we are buying from are really working w/us and helping us out. we are buying privately and the house will be vacant for awhile before we move in. the property was 22+ acres and had 2 houses one of which the owner lived in and the other he had a renter in. he subdivide 20 acres even and the rental house out and that's what we are buying. we are to close on our house the end of april and I have made arrangements to stay w/family for the remainder of the school year down here so as not to move the boys for the last month and half of the school year. this will also give me time to work on the house before we move all our stuff in "clutter" it up.

also I am going to be installing a new septic tank w/drain field under the 10 acre exemption law so I want to have that done before we move in too. does anyone that lives up there know of any pre-cast concrete places that sells septic tanks? i'll be doing this work myself along w/the help of some friends so the cost savings are gonna be significant!

the home/propertyy is in keewaydin and is less than a 1/4 mile from gamelands that are stocked w/pheseant, loaded w/grouse, deer, bear and elk...it gonna be hard to try and grow a garden im sure!! that's a problem i'll take anytime!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Dixon Supply and pre-cast probably makes septic tanks. They are located in West Decatur.

A lot of the companies that do work at PSU are union, I doubt you will have trouble getting work.

I travel for work, the same as most people in the area. On any given day I might be driving anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to get to work. I wouldn't trade any of it for a shorter commute to work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ray Burial Vault just down over the mountain in Tyrone Pa sold and delievered my septic tank for camp. The set it right in the hole. 500 gallon tank delievered and set for $375 in 2001. Their number is 814-684-0104

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
inspections are complete and no major issues as I predicted jut a cpl piddly lil things that I already knew of and should've have taken care of...lol. we close middle of april on the duncannon house and still have to set a closing date for the new house. the owner is working w/me so I can do as much work as possible before we actually close and move in to the new place.

we signed the sales agreement for the new house 2 wks ago so im not worried about anything happening w/the time frame between the close of our house and the close of the new house. the wife is already schemeing her "dream kitchen" and I keep having to nock her back to reality w/some things..lol...gotta have and stay within a budget!

I should've asked for circular saw blades and a keg of nails for x-mas! lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts