The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Its not the getting its the going

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Wing & a Prayer 
#1 ·
This rifle season I was fortunate enough to have some company in the form of my 11 year old daughter. We hunted hard the first day getting some action the first day missing an opportunity in the closing minutes of daylight, but listening her tell me how it got her blood flowing and watching her struggle to keep the gun barrel steady was the highlight!! We went out both Saturdays but still ended up with no deer just irreplaceble conversations and time spent together. The mentor program is a great program. I'm thankful for the opportunity to share this pastime with her and was wondering how she was going to make it waiting till twelve to hunt. She's been ready since age six. Even at eleven her knowledge and respect for the outdoors is a source of pride in me words cannot express!! The father of three girls, I was worried about not having the chance to share this with them and am now blessed that I can!! take a kid hunting and experience a whole new joy in hunting and remember long hair and painted nails still look cute in camo too!!! Don't miss an opportunity!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.