The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle season I was fortunate enough to have some company in the form of my 11 year old daughter. We hunted hard the first day getting some action the first day missing an opportunity in the closing minutes of daylight, but listening her tell me how it got her blood flowing and watching her struggle to keep the gun barrel steady was the highlight!! We went out both Saturdays but still ended up with no deer just irreplaceble conversations and time spent together. The mentor program is a great program. I'm thankful for the opportunity to share this pastime with her and was wondering how she was going to make it waiting till twelve to hunt. She's been ready since age six. Even at eleven her knowledge and respect for the outdoors is a source of pride in me words cannot express!! The father of three girls, I was worried about not having the chance to share this with them and am now blessed that I can!! take a kid hunting and experience a whole new joy in hunting and remember long hair and painted nails still look cute in camo too!!! Don't miss an opportunity!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
One of the best posts I have seen !
Best of luck to you and your daughters !

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Sounds like a great time W&P!! Glad to see young girls taking an interest in hunting!!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Nice post, I can't wait till my little ones are old enough to go out. Now every day that I go, when I get home they want to see what daddy shot!

·
Registered
596 Posts
MY GIRL IS 7 AND I HOPE I HAVE THE SAME JOY AS YOU HAD.IT'S ALMOST LIKE YA BLINK AND THEY GROW UP SO FAST.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Wing,

Very well said! I hope you don't mind my new signature, if you do let me know. Excellent post here, it truly brings to light what it's all about. Sounds like your girl is hooked for life, and if she ever lets hunting get away from her she'll always know that there is a place out there willing to get her blood pumping. I love reading about youth's in the woods.

·
Registered
236 Posts
this is what it is all about.so good to see you enjoyed it.with 3 kids of my own 2 of which are already hunting i know how much fun it is to spend time with them in the woods.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my only hope for her is a husband who is understanding that daycare other than myself must be set up prior to all hunting seasons!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts