The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what to buy the Mrs to show her my undying love. Is a fifth of Scotch inappropriate? Suggestions?

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
It is the time of year that snow blowers go on sale, you could prolly get her one with electric start for on those chilly mornings when they some times can be hard starting.
She will remember that gift long after that spam is gone!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
My wife was having a hard time starting the lawn mower last year. I didn't like to watch her struggling to get it started. Because I would have to wait till she got it started before she would go get me another beer. So I am going to get her a new lawn mower this year.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I picked up some beautiful stained glass windows a couple of weeks ago. I am having them installed Thursday morning while she's at Nemacolin Woodlands Spa getting the deluxe spa package I also got her for Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I know a guy who is missing some stained glass windows HMMMM

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
GIE said:
I picked up some beautiful stained glass windows a couple of weeks ago. I am having them installed Thursday morning while she's at Nemacolin Woodlands Spa getting the deluxe spa package I also got her for Valentine's Day.

That is so last year!

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I have some nice oak trim and solid oak doors that would go great with that window. Shoot me a PM and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.

·
Registered
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gary3414 said:
My wife was having a hard time starting the lawn mower last year. I didn't like to watch her struggling to get it started. Because I would have to wait till she got it started before she would go get me another beer. So I am going to get her a new lawn mower this year.
Man, you are a pretty smart fella. That's good thinking right there.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
Buckethead said:
I have some nice oak trim and solid oak doors that would go great with that window. Shoot me a PM and I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Funny you offer that. My "supplier" mentioned he anticipates acquiring those same materials very shortly. As a matter of fact, he gave me the day and time he plans to take possession of them..............but it slipped my mind at the moment. Not that it matters, just thought I'd mention it.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
To be clear, this isn't the type of wood you'd want to burn in a new fire pit or anything.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
That depends on who owns the fire pit and how many they have. Some folks around here build fire pits like normal folk flush the toilet. I hate to mention names though.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
Now that you mention it, the 90 year old laquer on the trim would make pretty colored flames. Just try to keep pets away. The fumes may be harmful to them. Nothing will kill a cook out faster than having to stop and bury the cat.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
My buddy and I spent the day atGander Mountain where he bought her a gunsafe in which to keep her jewelry, very thoughtful of him...

·
Registered
21,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Buckethead said:
Now that you mention it, the 90 year old laquer on the trim would make pretty colored flames. Just try to keep pets away. The fumes may be harmful to them. Nothing will kill a cook out faster than having to stop and bury the cat.
Never slows down cook outs at my house.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts