The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started out with the boyds stocks I purchased in the classifieds, figured I'd dress up my Pro-Hunter. However, upon receiving them wasn't sure I wanted to put'm on my lil Encore I loved to carry when hunting thick stuff.
Well then I picked up the 243 barrel on the classifieds as well. An eventually "HAD" to get a second frame. Slapped a scope on it and here it is:

An yes it shoots, just was getting it zero'd this last weekend had 3 cutting each other with my 90gr NBT load so me thinks this may have to get a lil field time come summer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Awesome looking "Tool of Vermin Terror". I told you it would shoot......and better than the T/C factory chambering...LOL. Accumulated parts are always fun!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nice looking rig!!! Is that a Buckmaster 4-14x40 on top? What retical?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brownie...you are definitely right about how it shoots very pleasantly suprised.
Jon....good eye...Its a mil-dot version.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Buddy has that scope on his 25-06. After half of a summer he was constantly hitting ground hogs in the head at 350-400 yards..

I picked up that same stock of HPA last year... at almost 12# my .223 has less kick than a 22lr and shots 0.8" @200yds.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ghogs Nightmare said:
John, what cal is that in your avatar?
Looks like a .30-06 to me, if I had to guess.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
30-06 PH, purchase of HPA. 150 grainers feel like a hot 44mag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts