The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need new tires on my Kodiak 450. I need 25-8-12s and 25-10-12s and I like them cause they are radials. I have ITP Mud Lites on now. I started shopping around and the only local dealer for them around quoted them at $582.85 that includes all 4 tires mounted.

I then looked online at a couple places.

ATVdirect.com has them for 453.80 plus tax free shipping

4wheelonline.com has them for 470.52 plus tax free shipping.

Im probably just going to buy them from ATV direct and have the local tire shop mount them since they cant get those tires in which is no big deal to them or me.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Q2Xl12
Check out Bikebandit.com! They gave me a REALLY Good deal on a set Executioners. I mounted my own but it would be something to check to see.
Just a suggestion.. Good Luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, I have only had them out 3 times this year. But I will tell you this YOU won't get stuck. I have A Grizz and it made the ride feel alot better to me. And I like playing on hills and deep mud from time to time! So it all depends on your riding style and what you want to do with it!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
864 Posts
take a look at maxxis bighorns i have them on my grizz 700 and love them. i also run executioners but they are a 27 10 12 and they take up alot of power. I run the bigjorns in the winter for plowing and hunting and they work great and ride smooth

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey check out Mosities Motorsports in Irwin PA. I bought a big wheel kit wheels and tires ITP aluminum wheels and Mud Lite tires in 26 in and paid 500 for the rim and tire combo. That was out the door with lug nuts and mount and balance

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Ben! I actually am expecting them at my door any minute but I got them from ATV Direct.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I had the exc. for about a year now and here is my pro and con list / what I have learned.
Pros...
They do not wear fast like other tires.
They have a flatter/radial stance... which is nice in help prevent roll overs.
They are great for plowing snow.
They climb just about anything... it's like having bulldozer tracks.
Cons...
I needed to get a larger size in the rear then what was initial installed because they are more of a low profile tire. Knowing this would have been helpful at the beginning.
They are ok on ice... the gap between tracks is a little too far and it makes you want to ride on top instead of digging in.
They are a heavier tire so you will loose power. I have a Honda 450 and you can feel the lose in power when you want a quick burst of speed, going up a steep hill, or you just want to fly.
I am not one for flying so it doesn't really bother me. However I do miss the power when climbing a steep hill. My quad is more for doing work I don't want to do. Carry me and haul stuff... firewood, deer, etc...

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
squeaks,

I use mine more for work also. Although I do ride alot too. I went with the XTRs cause everyone claims they are a lighter tire and will not lose power, the ride is nice on hard pack and they perform well in mud or snow. It seemed like a well rounded tire for my needs.

Hopefully this proves to be true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts