The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished this creek before? I tried to get directions to it but they lead you to 476 SOUTH.Anyone that's local care to share some directions?

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
645 Posts
From rt 3 take rt 320 toward Radnor and make right onto Darby rd. You can park under the Blue Route. From Villanova take 320 toward rt 3 and make left on Darby rd. About 1\2 mile from rt 320. Fished it about 5 years ago. Was stocked and not too crouded. Nice setting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Agreed that it has some nice settings. Some parts of it are only about 3 – 4 feet across; barely a creek if you ask me. However, a major plus for fishing in DELCO - the few times I’ve been there, I was the only fisherman there.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I agree it is a nice creek, but it is small and warms up fast. It is completely put and take, and I'd guess all the fish are either caught or dead by mid-May.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Darby creek road in havertown is one of my favorite spots to fish. You park along side the road and work your way upstream past the 476 overpass. Lots of nice deep holes with a good amount of elbow room. Good luck

·
Registered
769 Posts
I used to fish this creek when I lived in Wayne. it is a really nice creek and nice to fish. I used to park at a bridge and wade down stream to a convergence with a larger stream. It has been 4 years and I can't remember the names of the roads but it was a nice area to fish. you would not feel like you were in the main line. the other fisherman are not really ''friendly'' most times. delaware county is the only place where I fish for trout and say hi to people and have them ignore me. often more times then 1 in a day. but the fishing is pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts