The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came in from smoke pole hunting and pulled in the drive and here were three bedded down in the brush behind my garden..you could almost see them laughing.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
twice last week on the way home i almost hit them in the same spot standing in the middle of the road. the one day it was a 9-10 split as i skidded past on the ice. its like that insurance commercial where the squirrell laughs

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
that happens to me all the time. a few years ago i hunted all day back the mountain and saw nothing. came back to camp and my neighbor told me a herd of about 30 deer came down into my yard and milled about. i checked out the tracks and it looked like a cow pasture over there. same thing happened with turkeys. i hunted all morning and heard nothing. came back to camp and was washing the dishes and a gobbler came walking right through the yard with its beard practically dragging on the ground. unfortunately all the property around my camp is posted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I try to rationalize that those are the tame city deer, not wild deer, but that only kind of works.

It's worse when you have to shoo the geese away from the boat ramp at o dark thirty to launch your boat to go hunt geese.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts