The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my boys out today so that my oldest son could set his fox traps. Of course, on Sunday, I would see a buck! He stepped out onto the walking path and stared at us for a while before leaping away. He must have known it was Sunday and that I didn't have my crossbow. It has been happening every single time. I go sit in the woods for hours and see nothing. When i go for a hike with my dog and loud kids, without a weapon, they come out. Ugh!!! Lol, I'm waiting for my moment.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your right ,I've seen it to many times to be a coincidence. Wonder if the animals can sense when we are actually hunting and when we are not. Did you ever see those videos on t.v. when a lion is walking around and isn't hunting and the animals don't give them a second look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of those vids. Same thing happened today. I went back over to check the traps, nothing in them btw. But, i saw 2 pheasants and 2 doe. One of the does was massive. There were tons of hunters in the area too, looked like they were pheasant hunting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was thinking that when Janie and I were hunting squirrels. I swear when I'm deer hunting, there's squirrels everywhere. Go out squirrel hunting and its like they were in hiding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts