The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the ok to get a new (or new to me) pick up. Been in a 2007 Crewcab Limited Tundra for 3.5 years. Have absolutely been impressed. I spend 2 plus hours minimum per day in it. It is a mobile work station.
Looking at a 2011 or newer Crewcab Limited or Platinum type vehicle.
What should I buy? And why. Thank you in advance for constructive insite.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If fuel mileage isn't a concern, tough to beat a tundra !! If I didn't have to commute so much for work I would still have mine, loved it !! Just too thirsty......

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Been a Chevy guy for years, but just bought a new Ford Raptor. The wife still has her 2013 Avalanche, so I have been comparing the 2.
The ride is very comparable, the Ford has the 6.2. so power goes to Ford, but mpg to the Chevy with the smaller engine.
Overall cab comfort goes to the Ford, hands down. Way more creature comforts, better seats etc....etc

I always looked at the Tundra as a great soccer mom vehicle, or even a good grocery getter, but I know others on here use them for more than that......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hey if you like the Tundra that much stay with it!
I've always been a Chevy guy,most have gone to 250,000 some over 300,000 miles, if I bought something else and something went wrong, which could easily happen with "any" make I would kick myself for not staying with Chevy.
So if you like the Toyota stay there!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Sorry, can't talk you out of it. I love my 2006 Tundra Crew Cab. If you need a full size, no need to look anywhere else. If you're looking to downsize, I'd look at the Tacoma or the Nissan Frontier. I've had both, and got over 150K out of each. Both were still running strong when I sold them.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I was actually looking at a smaller truck when I got mine. I compared the Toyota Tacoma to the Nissan Frontier. While they were close in quality and features, I found Nissan much more willing to deal with me. I ended up with more truck for the same money. So, if your are looking at finances, don't rule out the Nissan Titan.

That said, if you have had good experience with the Tundra, you could just stay with it. I did that with Nissan Frontier.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Agree with Danesdad,I had Toyotas for years,and was very satisfied with them. But when I went to trade my last one in,I got a loaded Nissan Frontier with all the options I wanted,for the same price I would've paid for a basic stripped down Toyota. I am a Nissan man now.

Bob

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
I've had 4 Tacomas and now a Tundra... I can't talk u out of it. There r alot of good options out there. Find out what is best for u.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Do what you want, but if it's a good truck then why buy another one. Stick with the one you have, it makes sense unless the new ones get 25 mpg's, which I know they don't. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I would never talk someone OUT of a Tundra. Is it the best on fuel...no Is it the most powerful...no Is it the nicest YES!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. Talk me out of a Toyota. 3 Tacomas. My 1st I put a little over 300k, 2nd about 250k, 3rd about 90k then Toyota bought it back due to frame rust. So I took that money and went up to a Tundra. My Tundra now has 24k miles on it and I found out last Tuesday it has a bad frame due to rust. Now waiting 10 to 12 weeks for new frame. Do not know if I should keep it or move on to a?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
2010 Tundra here- I love this vehicle- no major issues other than a broken leaf spring. 85,000 miles of hard driving in the country. The only problem I have with the truck is finding tires that last more than 30k

·
Registered
121 Posts
2006 Tundra Crew Cab. Failed the frame test under the Limited Service Campaign.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts