The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday it has been two years since my Father passed away. During this deer season I thought alot about the memories that he and I had traveling back and forth to camp as well as hunting together. The first day of rifle season I sat with my son from sun up to sun down in the same treestand. On Tuesday we hunted a couple of differenct stands together. We saw turkey, woodpeckers, redtail hawks, lots of squirrels and a couple of deer. On Saturday he spent the day on stand with his Mother and was able to harvest his third buck. This is the second year that he and Mom were able to tag, gut, and drag out a buck together on the first saturday. On the last Saturday at around 4 PM after sitting in a stand all day without seeing another deer I was able to watch my 17 year old daughter harvest her first buck. And a great first buck it is. As I reflect on the deer season I am thankful for the success, smiles, excitment, and fun but more importantly I am thankful for the memories created with my family and the time to sit in the woods. Enjoy the Holiday Season.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
wow congrats to the whole family!

·
Premium Member
4,388 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold"> That pair of smiles pretty much explain the story for all involved...

Congrats to all of you....Your daughter harvest a beautiful buck....</span>

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
WAHOO IS RIGHT ! Thanks for sharing the story and photos . That buck that your daughter bagged will be tough to beat . Congratulations to them and you as mentor .

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Probably the best thread I have read yet about this hunting season....

Good to see others who cherish the moments, and enjoy time spent in the woods, with a huge bonus of haveing a family who enjoys it with you. Those kind of memorys will last longer than any venison, and are way more valuble than any deer..........

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Congrats to you and your family. Both of those bucks are bigger than my first buck, but I still have those spike antlers. the memories will stick with them forever. The young lady shot one beautiful buck. Many trophy hunters would love to have that boy on the wall.

The smiles on their faces say's it all. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Wahoo that is a great post
Congrat's to a fine job by all involved in the hunt.

Eleven years ago on the 27th of this month I lost my Dad. I have some great memories of hunting with him when I was a kid, then when my kids came along hunting was a 3 generation deal, Priceless.

Take a ton of pictures and keep those memories alive.

Again, great job by all involved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts