The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing a picture of fatso Chipper Jones, a now overweight 40 year old, often physically injured and becoming an over the hill baseball player, is a shock.

Of course, I'm fighting and staying in shape, and I have to remember Chipper as a young kid of 20 and my fortieth birthday had been long gone.

Maybe Chipper will check into a Geriatric Home next year and make me feel better.

·
4,245 Posts
Well now that Chipper Jones has been mentioned I have this question.....Hall of Fame? Yes? No? Why?

Lifetime Stats: (18 Seasons)

.304 AVG - .402 OBP - .533 SLG - 454 HR - 1561 RBI (Switch Hitter)

1999 MVP - 6 Time NL All Star - 2 Silver Slugger Awards

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
On topic: Yeah getting old stinks. I'd really feel like I was slowing down...if I'd been fast in the first place!

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Appeared in 3 World Series (95, 96, & 99) winning it in 95.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
hof? sure. maybe one of the best switch hitters. hes got nothing on michael jack however as a 3rd baseman.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Dan Castle said:
hof? sure. maybe one of the best switch hitters. he's got nothing on michael jack however as a 3rd baseman.

That's because Mike Schmidt is the best 3rd baseman of all time.

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Schmidt and Robinson's career fielding percentages are about even. Schmidt's offensive stats are better than Robinson's. You couldn't go wrong with either one of them at 3rd but I'll take 548 Hrs vs. 268 Hrs every time.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">That's because Mike Schmidt is the best 3rd baseman of all time.</span>

OOOPs- you meant to say George Brett!! signed a lifelong KC fan

·
Registered
40,122 Posts
Keystonepaul said:
That's because Mike Schmidt is the best 3rd baseman of all time.

OOOPs- you meant to say George Brett!! signed a lifelong KC fan

George Brett was a great third baseman but I'll take the all time Home Run King of 3rd base every time. BTW, Eddie Matthews was pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
dc 21 said:
Schmidt and Robinson's career fielding percentages are about even. Schmidt's offensive stats are better than Robinson's. You couldn't go wrong with either one of them at 3rd but I'll take 548 Hrs vs. 268 Hrs every time.
Schmidt was a heck of a defensive third baseman and his HR numbers speak for themselves.I'd take Schmidt over Brooks every day of the week.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Chipper should be a definite shoe in Hall of Famer................he is one of the best switch hitters to ever play the game, and he has the stats to warrant him getting in especially the lifetime average over 300............he has been a great player for a lot of years, he has been my favorite MLB player ever since he started playing also.....

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Seeing a picture of fatso Chipper Jones, a now overweight 40 year old, often physically injured and becoming an over the hill baseball player, is a shock.
Fat? If you saw that picture on Yahoo, look at the next picture of him. Yeah he's a real tub of crap.

HOF? Absolutely! Of course with the moron writers that will vote him in, most never played the game in their lives, he probably won't go until the 4th or 5th try. Not to mention he's one of the few left in MLB that knows what the word loyalty is, staying with Atlanta his entire career. Off topic: and he's a big time hunter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts