The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought 3 broadheads...spitfire 100's and the lighted nocks for my bolts...$72...this sport isn't cheap.

·
Registered
21,317 Posts
It can be expensive but it doesn't have to be.I haven't bought a dozen arrows in about three years and I'm still re-using the same BH's that I've had for the past 10 years.I buy one pack of replacement blades per year but usually just tough them up once they go through a deer.I used to spend a pile of money on hunting but now I really don't spend much at all except for equip for my kids .

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I was dropping cash the last few years getting my Archery collection together to be comfortable to get out there. It is extremely expensive but this year, I'll not be buying new arrows or broad heads. I did buy a new bow and although I won't have it out in time, I got another money muncher... my first granddaughter which I'm financially funding. Diapers aren't cheap!
She's pretty cute and comes first though! lol

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
i actually enjoy spending money on archery and hunting in general. i look for deals of course but i never seem to regret a purchase.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i actually enjoy spending money on archery and hunting in general. i look for deals of course but i never seem to regret a purchase. X2

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
Sure is.I have spent almost $400 to try to hunt.I may not be able to.Blind,field pod and hand crank for my crossbow.I hope you get the buck of a life time.Good luck send me pics.

·
Registered
551 Posts
We set out a box of bolts to be ready for a 3-d shoot today. Dog chewed up the fletching and the nocks of two of them sometime over night! She's got about a hundred chew toys but she had to go after our shiny new "sticks"!

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
a mouth full of carbon splinters doesn't sound like fun.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,629 Posts
muskyman62 said:
i actually enjoy spending money on archery and hunting in general. i look for deals of course but i never seem to regret a purchase.
Same feelings here.
I don't hang in bars, don't gamble.
So I don't mind spending money on gear.
I'm a gear freak and probaly have way more stuff than I need.
It's part of the hobby.

·
Registered
723 Posts
It's not initialy, but as my dad used to say- "Once you got it, you got it. You don't have to feed it or cloth it."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts