The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to schedule vacation both here and out of state. It falls on November 11th in 2013. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
commission meeting in January they will set preliminary seasons . nothing is set until the april meeting .

·
Registered
517 Posts
My guess would be that Veteran's Day will fall with in the last week of archery this year. Remember Thanksgiving will be a week later than it was this year (Nov. 28).

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Doubt it as well. The holiday was conveniently on a Monday at the end of the regular season this year. The BOC thought it was a good idea to add one day when a lot of people had off.

As Sav said above - the day will shift in the week next year.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, barring all that. Would archery end on Nov 9, or on Nov 16th?

Seems like it would end on the 9th to me.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No one can tell you when the season will start or end until the board meets.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't the board understand what I am trying to do???? LOL

I guess I was jut thinking that it's been a while since the archery season ended in the middle of the month. Veterans day does occur on a Monday, that's why I thought the 11th. If it ends on the following Saturday, so much the better.

·
Registered
517 Posts
All the seasons should be a week later than they were this year.
Buck will be Dec. 2. Bear, Nov. 23. Archery should run Oct 5 through Nov. 16 - 6 weeks, 7 Saturdays (there's a week gap between the end of archery and the first day of the bear?). This is the traditional schedule.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent. thanks.
Now if I can just figure out Missouri's archery and gun season dates I will be set.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I think archery will come in on The last Saturday in September and go out on Nov. 9, I can't imagine the season going out on the 16th. But who knows

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if that's the case then the 11th would be the following Monday...veterans day?
Now I'm cornfused again.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Like John S. said, nothing is for sure till the commissioners approve the seasons.

However, does anyone remember a year archery season started before September 29? I got married on September 27, 1997. Why the September 27, because it was as late in the year as we could go with out interfering with archery season. the first day in '97 was October 4. We stop on our way home Friday the 3rd so I could hang my stand.

·
Registered
28,492 Posts
I think there is a shot at this scenario...if the season starts on the 28th (last year was the 29th), veterans day will be the 11th (last year it was the 12th).

the wildcard is how many weeks between end of archery and buck season opener they will allow. Does that ever change?

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
savage303 said:
My guess would be that Veteran's Day will fall with in the last week of archery this year. Remember Thanksgiving will be a week later than it was this year (Nov. 28).
This. Unless the BOC changes the seasons as they have always been established, the first day will be October 5th and the last day November 16th.

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
RB-HPA said:
the wildcard is how many weeks between end of archery and buck season opener they will allow. Does that ever change?
Historically, since the last two weeks of archery were added in the 90s, the season has always ended two Saturdays before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
They could easily open it a week earlier though this year without much of a impact.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
DPMS is right. Unless the PGC changes opening day of rifle, which they wont, Oct 5th is the archery opener. Thanksgiving days date is the easiest way to figure out all the big game seasons, always has been.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I think i need to change my prediction date. The last year Thanksgiving fell on the 28th was 2002. So 2013 and 2002 have identical dates. I could not find info on the 2002 season dates, but the 2003 archery season ran from Oct.5th thru Nov.15th. So i think the season will start on the 5th

1 - 20 of 25 Posts