The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I agree. The AR fact presented is a new one to me, but I have faith in what they (biologists) say. When and if it gets here I hope some of these containment efforts are proven and refined. Glad PA is not the test state with CWD.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
i think with the herd reduction the last 10 years or so will help curb it with fewer deer we have now, then way back when there were just bout one behind every tree....there was a thread here a few years ago stating PA was ready with a 50 mile radius to kill all deer in it....which works out to 100 mile diameter circle, i posted a 100 mile circle just south east of the scranton area that carried it to the N.Y. and N.J. boarders taking out the whole north east part of the state....i can't see killing off every deer in that 100 mile circle........bob

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AR fact presented is a new one to me, but I have faith in what they (biologists) say.
I think tossing AR to the wind is the smartest thing because of the dispersal factor. Although most of what I read CWD usually doesn't show outward sign in most deer until 2 1/2.
I often wondered if prior to AR having a high percentage kill of yearlings was a benifit. CWD sure seems to follow states that try and up the age structure.

·
Registered
22,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks pretty much like the same game plan...May include removal of protections for deer and elk, and/or altering existing seasons, and methods of taking.

·
Administrator
39,022 Posts
RB-HPA said:
I agree. The AR fact presented is a new one to me, but I have faith in what they (biologists) say. When and if it gets here I hope some of these containment efforts are proven and refined. Glad PA is not the test state with CWD.
You said it RB!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts