The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......roaming the wilds of PA as we speak? I am referring to a typical state record beating Fritz Janowsky's current mark of 189?

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mdmlm said:
beaver county could be holding 1 maybe 2 on the steep hillsides above the rivers.
i was going to say beaver county....that is where i am from and have probably seen one or two bucks that would have beat 189 if it wasnt for deductions while spotting and scouting....of course they were in areas very near housing plans where you couldnt hunt them legally. who knows what those river banks hold as that is one place i have never spent much time getting to know. i would like to though.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I'm saying there's a few of them... one will be in SW PA, and several roaming the big woods of NC PA that never saw a person and never will.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Letterkenny Army Depot, Franklin Co. Referred to as the "coke can buck". Oh wait. "Typical buck?" Coke can buck is state record non-typical. His bases are bigger than a coke can. Hence the name.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
He's living along Interstate 376 near the Pittsburgh International Airport.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bushmaster said:
He's living along Interstate 376 near the Pittsburgh International Airport.
that's a good possibility.....there's a lot of great bucks along that road...even way up.

·
Registered
9,309 Posts
Its hard to believe that our state record was in 1943. With how serious trophy hunting is today, all the posted ground, and guys managing their land, you think it would have been broken by now.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
steelhead125 said:
Its hard to believe that our state record was in 1943. With how serious trophy hunting is today, all the posted ground, and guys managing their land, you think it would have been broken by now.

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
I voted yes and I was surprised that someone picked the same county I did. I'll let you know which one it was when I post the pics in a success thread.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
humm...........................you hit the nail on the head hunts_with_stick and there were a lot more happy hunters out there!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts