The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I saw or read once you could go into a site and by using the gun serial number find info. on the gun. I tried the Remington site, but saw nothing that would lead me to entering a gun serial number.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
the Remington site has all kinds of info including ballistics and schematic diagrams for their guns. they also sell all parts.

the date of manufacture is coded into the letters on the left side of the barrel. What are the 3 or 4 letters on your barrel? I have a list but it is too long to type in.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gun is a mod. 12 given to my grandson, i don't have the gun available right now, it's at his other grandparents house, i told my grandson to write the serial number down. I did go into the Rem. site they say to write or call them with the serial # for additional help, when i get the number, i'll send you a pm,,,thanks..for replying.

·
Registered
321 Posts
ya musta overlooked it. i know for sure that info ia on rem website. they have a list of serial number blocks. i used it to find out my 760 bdl waa made in like 74

1 - 8 of 8 Posts