The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am powerless over trout fishing. I was a mediocre trout fisherman up until this year. A few years ago an old friend of my fathers who was a fishing guide showed me how to do it right. I have been practicing ever since and must say I am very pleased with results. Unfortunately my trout fishing obsession eats up my life. I think about it day and night. My whole life is centered around trout fishing now. I don't care about spring gobbler or walleye. I am just obsessed with catching the next trout.They are such a majestic species of fish.

·
Registered
830 Posts
grousedog20 said:
If there is a program, please don't share it here...I don't want to be cured!!
I was going to suggest

Marrying a woman who will cure your problem with a short leash, put you to work on a non-stop honey-do list, then auction off your fishing gear so she can buy more shoes..
'
but since you are not seeking a cure

never mind....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a debilitating addiction. It started out when I was a kid. Me and friends would go fishing on the weekends for fun. I went from trout fishing once a month to once a week. Now I try to go everyday. I catch more and more trout everytime and the trout get bigger. Right now I am obsessing over a spot I found where some lunker bows and browns are stacked.

·
20,126 Posts
I could be way off but you write with the enthusiasm of a younger man. If thats the case I know the cure.....a family. That change your priorities real fast ha-ha.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I've been addicted since about the age of 6, 56 years later still addicted. Being stream side calms the addiction but doe not cure it.

Little bit of a sore throat right now or I would have been stream side for a few hours this A.M. Still contemplating hitting the stream in the rain for a few hours before the day ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts