The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
It seems that way for the Pirates! I hope not, The way Miami and the State of Fl. are breaking daily records on the virus. Who knows. Maybe they should have moved the team somewhere safer earlier in the season?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
They'll play it out. Thats why the had 30 man rosters and 30 man taxi squads. Owners and players like getting paid.

Look for MLB to go to everyday testing, not every other day.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
how are they making money with the stands empty ?
TV money. Thats why the players agreed to exoand to 16 playoff teams. Biggest money is playoffs and World Series, so if they can find any way to play it out, they will.

Owners must have kicked the players some extra bucks. That was one reason the players initially balked at more playoff teams. For each round of playoffs the money they get paid is fixed. For a dude like Mike Trout, he gets a lot less per game in the post season than the regular season.

More teams = more TV money = more guys get paid.

They'll play. Has anyone heard if any of the Marlins who tested positive are sick enough not to play if they had to?

Let's respect the fact that for a small segment of people this virus can be awful. I do not downplay or forget that. But for many it has little impact.

Game 7 of World Series, Gerritt Cole is set to go for the Yankees and Strasburg for the Nats. Both test positive the day of the game, yet both feel great. Do they start?

You bet.

·
Registered
17,168 Posts
i also would like to know, out of all the positive tests being done lately...how many are sick and being treated ? how many are, and remain asymptomatic ? only the sick and treated should be counted as a case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts