The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done talking to a dealer at the bloomsburg show about useing a inline and he said smokeless powder was not legal in pa Is that so ???? Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Not sure about legal or not, but I believe the "blackpowder only" warning on the barrel is for safety purposes. Smokeless develops too much pressure in the barrel.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking online ther are several companys making smokeless powder muzzleloaders, even some long range guns that will shot over 500 yards I was just wondering if they where legal in pa in the early season??

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
That,s a good question.I would think so cause I think the rule is the loading and ignition not the propellant but I could be wrong and it could also include s/less powder as not bein allowed.I,m referrin to the Savage ML.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
It's is legal. If the state allows "Blackpowder Substitutes " I.e. Pryodoex or Triple 7 then smokeless powder is completely legal. Smokeless powder was the original "Blackpowder Substitute" if the law states black powder only you can't use smokeless.
So if you asking about PA, yes it's legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts