The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't download the link, drop me an e-mail and I will forward the article to you. it was published in "Pointing Dog Journal"

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ALLTERRAIN said:
dpms said:
Rich R. said:
I read this twice and still can't believe it..
Mich. wants to open all of its game lands and state owned lands to everyone, including vehicles.. https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite
Requiring a user fee is a first step to seeing more non hunting use of our SGLs.
I believe you're onto something...

Do y'all have any reports or articles where this has been a problem in states that have recreational use pass programs already in place? I've heard this argument many times over the past 5 or 6 years when they were considering a user fee in Georgia but nobody ever showed these adverse effects. Seems most always had "a friend of a friend who said..." about such things but that was it.

I haven't heard of any issues after 3 years of having user fees for public land in Georgia and was just hoping someone might be able to point me to some credible articles that might help me become educated on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
My thoughts in general on this , once you pay money to use something you have a voice on how to run it.

Why do you think HPA has been free to use for 25 Years?

·
Super Moderator
23,750 Posts
I am pretty sure you can already ride on state land in MI. They have several trails around my dad and uncles camps there. Probobly just a way to collect a fee. I haven't read the story though.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
troutman42 said:
If we cant change to allow percussions or inline after Christmas, something like this will never happen.
that is why it is called a FLINTLOCK season, not just a muzzleloader season DUHH....

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
dmccoy1 said:
The argument..."it works in other states, it will work here too" comes to mind.
Yep and for once its not coming from our members

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
"they" are the stinky politicians.
The "who" they want to give them to, are anyone who will vote for them, or donate money to them.
The "sportsman"(who are a minority), would get the shaft again.

These politicians just can't stand that there is something at their fingertips, that would help them get votes and donations, and they can't touch it.....

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
SGLs are open to all people now, walking on foot.

Regarding ATVs, some legislators, such as Mike Hanna from Lock Haven, have pressured the Game Commission to allow ATV trails on SGLs.

So far, the PGC has said no.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts