The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to work, hunting season and weather, I haven't gotten any sets made. Is it to late to start? With alot of rain on the way is it worth starting now or should I just wait till next year????

·
Registered
738 Posts
go for it i normally start catching more fox after deer season the colder temps they must move and eat more to stay warm and mice and rabitt number's are normally lower this time of year so fox and coyotes are more likely to work you'r set's for a free meal get after them and goodluck

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Dietsch and I have discussed this at length.
TODAY! I am throwing in my first sets of the season. I have alot of farms that don't want me on there until after deer season, bobcats come in tomorrow, snow is more likely now (I love trapping in snow), haysets are the easiest thing in the world, and most guys have problems dealing with dirt sets during the freeze thaw of winter trapping (I've got it down to a near science).

Now IS when I start. Fox dispersal is coming too.....

·
Registered
400 Posts
never too late-if season's in- Set up, weather is good, fur is prime, prices will be good. We all need a push to get back out there

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Bobcat is just starting, I usually wait till after Christmas but I put a few in this afternoon. Deep frozen ground and crusty layers of snow make it harder but it's been pretty easy here the last few years.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Nope, not too late at all..........I usually don't start until sometime around now either.....

I just put in my first 4 sets of the year today after I got home.......

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just starting now also, better late than never! Seriously, this is a good time of the year to start; Its always great to be in the outdoors. Best of luck to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts