The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible that all the deer i see in the evenings,where we hunt put on Gillie suits in the day light ? There are a number of little villages and rural roads in our hunting area and even in the villages you must watch driving through them for deer walking around towards evening ! Come day light they can't be seen !
I figure they do one of 4 things ? Have Gillie suits,climb trees or have holes to go down ?
But #4 reason is my main though on this,they turn into Squirrels in the day time !
What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Ever watch a deer hide from a human? If you have there is no reason to ask this.

A friend raises Whitetails in a pen behind his home. During a visit a few years back we were standing next to the fence and could see to the other side of pen. There was some cover but not thick by any means. I could see 9 deer, some standing some bedded. He asked me how many I thought were in there. After a better look I saw 12. After I told him that, he asked if I was sure cause there were 34 deer in there.

If it can hide a mouse it can hide a rabbit. If it can hide a rabbit it can hide a deer. I saw it and became a believer.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have actually walked within 15 feet of a doe when it was hiding and never seen a thing. No cover at all, just leaves on the ground..... I climbed up into my treestand and 5 min. later, I watched her get up and walk away. their magic is strong.!. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts