The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a platform where I can switch out barrels in .22lr, .223 and 20 gauge. I want to be able to use the same platform but just switch out the barrel and if need be the forearm. I would prefer the barrels be stainless steal, but that isn't an absolute... I also want them to be non optic sighted.

Does such a platform exist? Rossi has their "Trifecta" which is .22lr, 20 gauge, .243 Win... But they have no .223 barrel! I want the .223 not the .243 Win. Any help is directing me towards and make that covers this would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
H&R/NEF/Rossi will not fit new barrels to their actions anymore. Rossi never did and when Remington bought H&R/NEF, they dropped the barrel program. It looks like T/C for ya, which will be pretty darned expensive.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Just spend the extra $ and buy the T/C. You can do anything that you could ever imagine with it and have a tack driver. The reliability of T/C's is unreal. If you do happen to have a problem with anything just call them up and problem will be taken care of quickly.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
octagon said:
H&R/NEF/Rossi will not fit new barrels to their actions anymore. Rossi never did and when Remington bought H&R/NEF, they dropped the barrel program. It looks like T/C for ya, which will be pretty darned expensive.
When did big green drop the barrel accessory program for the H&R's? A couple weeks ago they were still doing it is this a recent thing?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The H&R platform wouldn't work for you unless you bought 2 actions or found one of the offset rimfire barrels. Their centerfire actions do not work with rimfire barrels without having an offset chamber. The TC is about the best option but also the most expensive. I know CVA has that optima series of rifles that will swap barrels but I don't know what barrels are available.

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
sendero said:
octagon said:
When did big green drop the barrel accessory program for the H&R's? A couple weeks ago they were still doing it is this a recent thing?
I didn`t know they were doing this 2 weeks ago? I swear I read on graybeards that when big green bought H&R and moved the factory they stopped the barrel program. I gotta check more into this

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
They are still doing the barrel accesory program. There was a small shut down when they transitioned from gardner to NY. After Rem bought H&R they had some issueswith transferring the barrels and peoples actions from gardner to NY so they stopped taking in actions/orders until they got the backlog caught up. They are running full force now and have been for quite a while. The shut down was only for about 2 weeks.

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

·
Registered
13,149 Posts
sendero said:
They are still doing the barrel accesory program. There was a small shut down when they transitioned from gardner to NY. After Rem bought H&R they had some issueswith transferring the barrels and peoples actions from gardner to NY so they stopped taking in actions/orders until they got the backlog caught up. They are running full force now and have been for quite a while. The shut down was only for about 2 weeks.

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp
Thank you very much for the info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts