The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!!! New to the Forum as well as new to PA. I recently moved up from Oklahoma and had a simple question. I live in Millcreek Township Erie, PA and was wondering...
Is it legal to shoot my Bow in my backyard for target practice? Of course I would have all the proper targets as well as a backstop. I live on one acre and the nearest home (in shooting direction) is several hundred yards away. Thanks for the replies in advanced and the deer up here are great compared to Oklahoma, at least the only ones i saw in 2F this season!!!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Check your local ordinances. There are no state laws that prohibit it, but a lot of municipalities (mainly urban and suburban) have ordinances prohibiting the discharge of single projectiles.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I used to shoot mine in the backyard when I lived in Erie, and no one ever said anything, but I'm not sure if it's legal. I used to get on the garage roof to practice shooting from elevation.

·
Registered
12,779 Posts
I have a ladder stand in my suburban backyard to practice out of in Dauphin Co., and a gambrel hanging from the tree. The neighborhood kids stay out of the crazy man's yard real good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I emailed the township police and I'm waiting on a reply. Hopefully it will be okay, I have finally taken my new (well it has been new at my home since early '08) Bowtech to the dealer to get set up. And I found out about a recall so that's taking longer. And I'm ready to start shooting again after 10 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts