The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im traveling about 1 hour and 15 min to gameland near ny border.If i was hunting with bow or crossbow in archery season ,and at dusk left them in truck,and switched to shotgun and e-caller and went coyote calling for a few hours would i be breaking any laws, or is this okay? Since it is a good distance i would like to hunt coyotes,but not until i understand if it is okay or not.thanks

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
You would be fine.As long as you are not carrying both bow and the firearm at the same time.Maybe a WCO could step in and confirm this.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I will have a .22, 12ga shot gun and an inline in the truck with me this week. If I want to hunt deer the smoke pole comes out, squirrel the .22 comes out and grouse the 12ga is the choice. They can't say anything if it is in your truck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason i ask is ,you use a red light after dark for hunting yotes ,i dont want a problem for having bow or crossbow in back seat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Seems legal to me no matter what as archery equipment is legal for coyotes and just about any other legal game animal, bird or furbearer in the state

1 - 6 of 6 Posts