The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to use a "log set" for fox and coyote? I was told it was but there must be a enough chain or wire to reach the bottom of the creek so the animal will not hang in the air. I looked in the book and couldnt find any info

·
Registered
625 Posts
With a foot hold??? I say yes. But all legal questions should be directed to the game commission regional office instead of us internet trappers. If anything, you'll see how little they know :) Good luck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, with a foot hold. I got this log that crosses a creek and has fox and coyote tracks crossing it after each snow we have. Ive wanted to set a foothold on it in the worst way but want to make sure im legal in doing so.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You wouldnt believe the balance and the grips of animals.I have seen a fox get off a log and managed to pull its self back up with no problem at all.Dont use excess amount of cable to anchor trap.Just use a large staple or or eye hook to attach chain only with no cable.Then he will not be dangleing by the foot below the log. Edit to say shorten chain also and of course use atleast 3 swivels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a good idea for land. I never really thought of that. The log I'm talking about is crossing a creek and when the animal crosses the log it falls into the water and expires. The log seems like their only meens of getting to the other side until it freezes over.

·
Registered
197 Posts
a log crossing set is legal. If like you said, that the animal may fall into the water and expire that would be no different than a drowner slide set for coon or mink. Just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts