The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal for a private individual to release pheasants and/or chukars on state game lands?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
no

I stand corrected see below news release.

·
Registered
766 Posts
What was the executive order that was signed last year that allowed the release of peasants and quail? Was that for one year only?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Please explain the following release from the Game commission to me.

RELEASE OF CAPTIVE GAME BIRDS APPROVED FOR SGLS

Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe today signed an executive order to authorize hunters and dog trainers to release captive-raised/captive-bred ring-necked pheasants, bobwhite quail, chukar partridges and rock pigeons on State Game Lands for hunting or dog-training purposes.

Under the executive order, such releases could be done by licensed hunters or those possessing a valid dog trial permit. Exceptions to the order are during the month of October, unless the activity is done with a valid dog trial permit, when such releases will be prohibited.

Roe noted that hunters must abide by established bag limits if birds are released during established seasons for pheasants or quail, unless the activity is being conducted as part of a permitted field dog trial. Outside of the established seasons for pheasants and quail, only individuals who possess a dog training permit may release them.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Read up a few posts, RWJ corrected his post.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
As an individual you don't need nor can you get a permit. The permits are for organized dog trials on game lands or private land and with it relaeased birds can be shot in closed season. You can release chukars anytime on game lands and hunt them and pheasants and quail when the season is open. Mostly this is done to work dogs.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I think not, the RWJ'scorrection was at 11:46 and pointing labs post was at 11:52.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Darn this is just like home, I make a mistake and have to keep admtting it forever...lol I made a mistake, Hard to believe I am human huh?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s the problem with being perfect, every time you make a mistake everyone jumps all over you

Thanks for clearing this up. I saw in the book that it was not legal, but heard from someone that it was published somewhere that it was just changed. I couldn’t find it so I asked here.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
216 Posts
At least here you can correct the post, at my home it costs a dinner out.

BTW I appreciate you comments on the forum. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
WCO said:
Darn this is just like home, I make a mistake and have to keep admtting it forever...lol I made a mistake, Hard to believe I am human huh?
Don't feel bad R.W.J., even John made a mistake once:

He thought he was wrong, but he wasn't!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I also appreciate the input. I saved the release and have it in my license holder this is why I posted it just to verify that they did not change anything.

Fred

·
Registered
240 Posts
loridr said:
WCO said:
Don't feel bad R.W.J., even John made a mistake once:

He thought he was wrong, but he wasn't!

Do you remember the episode on Happy Days, the one where the Fonz was "Wrrrr,,, Wrrrr,,, wrrrr,,, ...not exactly right!" ?

I just realized... I just compared John S to the Fonz... ROTFL

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
The Fonz????

Maybe one of the grumpy old men from the Muppets...lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts