The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can not believe how bad some people are price gouging. As far as im concerned they should be ashamed of themselves!! I see nothing wrong with making a couple bucks off of something, but to charge double or triple is pathetic!!! Sorry for the rant just needed to vent

·
Registered
666 Posts
Cheaper than Dirt had beat up, issued gi 30 round mags for $135 a piece 2 weeks ago. I called them just to be sure it wasn't for a 10 pack. I was told no, it was for one. Between this and their decision to not sell guns following the shootings in Ct, I will not do business with them ever again. Period.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There's a lot of gouging going on. Some retails are selling at "pre-instanity" prices, but as soon as they get stock it is GONE in a matter of hours. The expensive retailers sell out too, but not nearly as fast.

135 bucks for a 30 rounder, eh? Wowzy.

Note: It is simple economics, eco101. Supply and demand, increased demand (understatement) and decreased supply means price goes up.

People can ask any price they want, but if there aren't willing buyers it will just sit on the shelf.

Supply and demand always has a way of working its way out.

When the market slows, prices will come down. It's no different then lets say, the gas "shortage" right after Katrina in 2005, price spiked, and people were filling every jug they had and were happy to have it!

·
Registered
665 Posts
me either there prices are crazy.federal 5.56 20 rounds 35 dollers .got some at gander mt ,9.95 . when they have em.. found a guy in beaver falls sellin mags 30rnd 20$ p mags little used 35$.goin to grab some before there gone

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Guys, either as individuals or employees of shops, are lining up at Cabelas first thing in the mornings and scooping up firearms and ammo and re-selling it online at inflated prices. They are hitting the big box stores and doing the same thing.

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
I remembered the last assault weapons ban when I did not have an AR type, tried to buy one, and saw the price was 3-4x normal (outside of my range). I wanted to make sure I got what I wanted at reasonable prices before the inevitable happened, and got pretty much all I wanted by Aug of 2012, including ammo. One of my buddies admires my DPMS AR10 and mentioned he really should get one now before they are banned- I said "good luck, but I think you waited too long".

BH

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Even .22 LR rounds are drying up! It's getting hard for manufacturers to acquire brass and other supplies. Follow the trail back and I bet the gov't is behind the squeeze. But I love to hear that everyone is buying up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's quite apparent that our fellow "sportsmen" and the
DHS are doing Obama's dirty work for him!! After all he did
make the comment in 2007 or 2008, I believe, that making
guns and ammunition prohibitively expensive would eventually
dry up the market!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
it's all based on demand vs "potential" future supply. If the goverment has it's way and these things are no longer produced, there will obviously be a very limited supply, which will drive the prices even higher.

How much is it worth? It's worth what people will pay. If the prices are too high and nobody buys the stuff, they'll come down if sales decrease by more than the percentage price increase.

Price gouging is pricing above the market price when no alternative is available. This isn't price gouging.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea, I must say, the ammo shortage is really getting on my nerves. My local store just ran out of steel cased 223 today. Was 8.99 a box and I was slowly stocking my drawers. Now im out of ideas. Glad I bought some 22lr when they had bricks of it left, too cause its gone now. 9mm isnt too bad to find but finding a decent price is unless you luck out and find some at wally world. I hope this ammo shortage stuff ends soon. I didnt buy my guns to let them sit around and not get shot. I feel like im starving a child by not shooting them. Makes me sad

·
Registered
665 Posts
it is out there just gotta be there or call on the day they get it or its gone.8.99 is a good deal but steel case ammo is not good for my ar,i got 100 rounds of brown bear.but only buyin brass now .its hard to find because everybody is stocking up for when govt starts there gun grabin.need all the ammo i can get only way to keep me and my family alive and out of fema camps.i think its goin to get very bad out there.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
OK, I've got one that takes the cake.

1000 rounds of lake city brass case 223 for $1000.00.

Yes, that's a buck a round, by the CASE!

This was at a gun show in eastern PA, Wind Gap.

He had several cases. All of the ammo was overpriced, yet you could barely move around his tables. Shrug.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Went to Pittsburgh gun show yesterday. Best price I found for .223 brass case was $75 per 100. American Eagle brand.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Price gouging; it's the new American way. I was asking my local shop for MP15/22 clips the other day. $85.00 a piece. It's a shame.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
GunBroker the other night had 223 ammo, 69gr off brand (not black hills etc)...20 round box....$50.00.......Thats $2.50 per round!!!!!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
The 62gr green tip has been running at least a buck a round by the 420 or 460 ammo can....when you add the shipping its over a buck per round......some winds up around $1.20/$1.25 per round

·
Registered
25,059 Posts
I b ought a Savage 223 last year to take advantage of the low cost ammo for ground hog hunting.... the 22-250 was getting too high....

If anyone is looking for more financial advice from me don't hesitate to call

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
They could fill the shelves, your government is holding some calibers back and there not being shipped. What does come is back stock from places.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Go to Cabellas web page they have taken 223 of any make out of the catalog and other calibers to. Called 2 different places they are not shipping 223 out, and I could not get a answer why.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts