The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yes, you can euthanize your own pet. The only law ha changed is that a commercial kennel owner may not shoot their own dogs.

There is case law(last year) that you may legally shoot your own pet.

I personally could'nt do it unless my dog was in severe pain......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it wasent my own but my buddys cat was in real bad shape and seamed to be in a great deal of pain and with him being an animal lover i had to take it out for him

·
Registered
599 Posts
ZRH....

That's about the only way I would have my dogs euthanized other than by the vet, I would have to have a friend shoot them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
ZRHIghfield said:
well it wasent my own but my buddys cat was in real bad shape and seamed to be in a great deal of pain and with him being an animal lover i had to take it out for him
used to have to give lead pills to my own dogs and everyone elses in the family when the time came. don't care if i ever do that again. btw i thought cats are considered feral subject to lead pills. wife's a vet tech she puts my pals to sleep now. sweet dreams handsome(my runt beagle,what a dog)

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I am the one that gets called by my family and neighbors too. Not easy but sometimes things must be done.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
stoolshooter said:
I wouldn't tell PETA if you do this.
Yeah....PETA kills 98% of the strays that are brought to them in any given year.

This is no BS!! It's true.

PETA is nothing but a big two faced money raising organization so that they can pay big buck salaries to the few at the top.

PETA kills as many dogs and cats as your local pound. Probably more.

True.

Dave

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I could never do that to one of my pets, it would stick with me forever. I would have someone else do it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i had a friend that had another friend come over and shoot his 14 year old lab who was in extremem pain a few months ago. i couldnt do it to a dog, i offered to handle my sisters 17 yr old cat for her when she was tight on money, but she said she wouldnt be able to sleep knowing i shot her cat.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Man...What a topic. There is no good way to have it done. Had a vet do it to a 16yr old beagle a couple years ago...Worst thing ever. I could think of several relatives that I would have had take her place if possible. I can think of at least 11 kids who shot their first rabbit in front of her. Great nose and very smart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts