The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
29,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/conn-school-victims-shot-rifle-multiple-times-205207737.html

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Conn. school victims shot by rifle multiple times</span>
By By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN and JIM FITZGERALD | Associated Press – 1 hr 5 mins ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — All the victims of the Connecticut elementary school shooting were killed up close by multiple rifle shots, a medical examiner said.

Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at a news conference Saturday the deaths are classified as homicides. He said he believes "everybody was hit more than once."

"This is a very devastating set of injuries," Carver said.
----------------------------------------------------------

There's plenty more about the shooting, but nothing that we havent seen already. My purpose was to illustrate what happens when people allow themselves to have kneejerk reactions.
Are these reporters ignorant of firearms, or was this an intentional mistake driven by an anti-gun agenda? It doesnt matter, what really matters is that we dont jump to conclusions until we are presented with actual facts.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
It is appalling watching the liberal media discuss guns and gun laws. Maybe once they had a basic understanding of different guns and action types, there could be a conversation that is factually based.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Lets just remember. it's not the weapon that takes a life, It is the jackwagon behind it. prayers to all of Connecticut.....

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
Multiple police sources have stated that they found the rifle in the car, not in the school. Did he walk back out to the car after he shot everyone, put the rifle in the car and then head back in to kill himself with the handgun?

The media is insistent that the rifle was used to do all the killing but then how do they explain that the rifle was found in the car? Did he have two?

In one of the 911 calls, the caller says that shot have been fired by an assailant carrying both a "long gun" and a shotgun. I've heard nothing of a shotgun.

This is another instance where the media needs to be held accountable for this false and irresponsible reporting. Let the police do their investigation and then release their findings before jumping to conclusions and forming false impressions in people's minds. They did the same thing with the George Zimmerman case, telling us all what THEY "think" happened without any facts to back it up.

The media in this country is disgusting beyond belief and somebody needs to put them in their place.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
This guy is under 21, so cannot own a handgun, but he had 2. Stolen from somewhere, likely his mother whom he killed. He broke numerous gun laws, yet the libs will use this event as a soap box to say that if we only "banned this gun, or that magazine" would prevent this, which it would not.

Crime after crime is done by criminals. I will go further to say that these people are domestic terrorists, like the fort hood shooter, which was an obvious terrorist act, but it has been labeled by the Justice Dept as a "work place shooting"

In a land of 300 million the instances of gun violence is small. However when these events happen it's made to be like it's out of control. I don't want to sound insensitive. Any event where civilians are killed is a tragedy and we should take every effort to stop it.

The point is each time this happens, it's a crazy person, that is not allowed to own a gun, gave plenty of signs that they were unstable and others did nothing to call them on it, and then a terrible event happens and then, it's the fact that US citizens are "allowed" to own guns is the problem. It's not right that 99.9999% of the people are law abiding citizens are to blame for the very select few that are domestic terrorists and shoot up a school or mall.

I agree that something should be done, but more gun laws will not make anyone safer. It will only make the prices go up. We did this in 94, and if you look at the stats, it does not achieve the goal.

Maybe for once Washington will see the right way to do things and perhaps make meaningful changes instead of ideologue ones. I'm expecting more of the usual crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts