The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nearly new and not worn at all boots are out of warranty and in a 10 minute walk through ankle high wet grass and clover they soak through enough to last ALL day. Gander Mt will not do anything and I just wanted to know if anybody had experience with their (Red Wing Boots ) Customer Service?

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. Supposed to be gortex but the outer shell soaks up and holds moisture like a sponge. I will never buy another pair.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
When is the last time you treated them with something?

·
Registered
87 Posts
buck tracker might be mine as well. I do put on a generous amount of camp dry.

Fav feature about them is the tread. I never slip in the snow with them. They have really big v-shaped teeth at the toe.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have a pair of Irish Setter Boots (don't know the actual boot name) but they keep my feet dry. The boots are ugly looking in my opinion but they keep my feet dry so I am happy with them.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I've had a pair for about 5 years now. I never really had a problem with them. I forget the actual model, but I payed around $150-$160 for them. I treat them when I think about it, but have never had a wet foot while wearing them. My toes do freeze when it's really cold though. They never did when I had Rockies before.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got the best customer service from Irish Setter Boots. The wet boots were replaced with the latest model. The verdict is in ... SPEND YOUR MONEY with this company with no worries.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I won a pair of Elk Tracker Irish setter Boots. The left foot has a lumpy feel in the footbed. Going to wear them for a couple of weeks to see if it works out. The right boot feels great. Wait and see....

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
I love my Irish Setter boots. Wish I would have bought two pair instead of one. They were half-off at Gander about 5 years ago. Still going strong!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heading down to the Bootbox warehouse sale to pickup the Irish Setter Snow Claw XT Boots. They have them $20 cheaper than cabelas.... good deal. Will let ya know how they turn out this hunting season.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been wearing the Irish Setter Mountain Claws and Love them. I grew up in the Meadville area and really miss the boot box.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
mgp629 said:
I always buy gore-tex and was told not to treat them.
I bought a pair of Irish Setters this fall ('09), GREAT boot by the way. I actually emailed customer service and asked them what to treat my boots with and I was told "nothing" as the gore-tex membrane does not need treated in anyway.
This is the pair I bought and referring to: http://www.irishsetterboots.com/irishset...hadow-trek-mobu

1 - 17 of 17 Posts