The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
35Whelan, it is statistically impossible for you to be sitting on 4 pts if you look at the attached link that shows the number of applicants applying versus applicants drawn. If you have 3 pts, you will be selected even for archery season regardless of zone. See pg 3 of the attached document. Unless you were buying preference points without going into the drawing.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/law/regs/10nrdeer.pdf

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Due to obligation's in Illinois I've been buying point's and not applying... Next year I'll have the time to head to Iowa... Zone 5...

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I started buying points last year. What a jump in price this year. Hoping to get drawn for muzzle. season in Nov., this year or next year.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have been wanting to start appplying for a tag, probably archery. What all do I need to do? Sorry if I am hi-jacking you thread.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
jk6140 said:
I have been wanting to start appplying for a tag, probably archery. What all do I need to do? Sorry if I am hi-jacking you thread.
go to iowadnr.com

·
Registered
282 Posts
ICAREDOYOU...There is no muzzleloader in November so don't hope too much. There is an early muzzleloader season in mid-October but that is for residents only. The only muzzleloader season you can apply for is the late-muzzleloader season and it starts the first Monday before Xmas.

jk6140...if you want to apply then you need to call the "800" number. For more details, see attached link...

http://www.iowadnr.gov/law/regs/10nrdeer.pdf

You need to call 1-800-367-1188 before the deadline and it was June 6th this year. You can choose to purchase a preference point or go into the drawing. Order with a credit card is the best way. Also...if you were born after 1972 or something like that you will need a hunter safety certificate number.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You save about $18 if you buy a preference point without going into the drawing. So...yes...you can buy a preference point without going into the drawing. Preference points are $50.

ICAREDOYOU...what zone are you applying for? Did you apply for this year or are you talking about next year?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
jk6140 said:
Do you need to buy a license to get in the drawing?
yes you have to buy a license to get into the drawing. if you don't draw you will be refunded your money besides some of the small processing fees. check out that website it will give you all the info you need.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wrong 3D hunter. They changed that this year. If you go into the drawing and don't get drawn, the IDNR will keep $68. A preference point will cost you $50. Last year, a preference point cost $10. Two years ago, if you didn't get drawn in the drawing, you got your money back except for a small fee of approximately $15. We want your NR money so we can buy more public land in our state.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I knew the fee for a preference point went up to 50 bucks but I did not know of the other fees increasing.. you still have to pay full price to get in the drawing correct? I'm originally from Iowa born and raised in Marshalltown have family in Tama and chelsea area that own a bunch of property I don't care how much it cost I'm coming to Iowa as much as possible money well spent imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts